Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Å" ::::Pronounced::: "Oh Ahhhh"



I actually had a bit of a time finding a Welcome to "Å" sign...but this works. This is the town at the end of the road. "Å" in Norwegian is the action to do something...literally "to" : like "To" run, "to" jump, "to" play,  "to" start a black metal band.






Fjord ish ness ism






These are 'floats'...for traps and such....Ironically 'Fløte' means 'creme' in Norwegian.
I like both. I also like how grainy this photo is. It makes the happy in me.



dusk water at Henningsvaar.
non "haunted" but really should be ...."house"


toyboatoyboatoyboat...
fish heads fish heads roley poley fish heads


artsy fartsy Å


They dry fish on big racks here. And it's tastey.




Random Monk I met while wandering the streets. He was kind enough to pose for me. He looks corruptible....


mmmmmmmm   Rust
I love the roofs here...love them......ahhhh so cool.
Traditional grass roof.
Random wooden poles
TV stuff in the puddle
Braided rope. Deserted dock on a Sunday
Brine drum.
Idol Net..

Curious residents




Dusk in Å.



There: Årtsy fartsy.....Soon I will give you sheds.

1 comment:

andrea said...

JEEZUS... those are the fish? They have teeth INSIDE their teeth... looks all quaint and grass roofy on the outside, but with teeth like that... and MONKS??? No, there is some crazy shite that goes down in THAT town, I am telling you!