Powered By Blogger

Pages

Monday, July 05, 2010

I love Glasgow!!



 I love Glasgow and it's a love that is for real, the city has a soul, a smelly grimy soul. It's not just a beautiful museum... It's lived in...and when I walk the streets i can hear the ghosts. I do tend to gravitate to the older sections, and my photo's are predominantly this...due to the fact that I have been raised in a very modern culture, so I like old shit...nuff said. I like beautiful decay...of metal, of stone, of wood...tarnished, chipped, stained, broken. It's a perpetual poem of degradation...I feel most fortunate to witness.

 The buildings here have presence, resonance. The red stone facades striking against the blue sky with the strong intent still fresh from their original designers.  They are all within a human scale as well...not the towering beings of glass and steel, that stomp your psyche with monolithic sterility. They are easy on the eyes.







These are places I would gladly rent and make art in. They are stunning...like an attractive friend that you never tell that you have a crush on.


Amber took me on a tour of Glasgow the first few days. It was lovely. The light was perfect. I think the entire time I'd been in Scotland it only rained once, and not for long. So the cliche about the weather isn't true in my eyes.
..about the rainishness. ...I have been here when the weather is shit...but this time it wasn't.  I stomped around this city for many a mile. It is rather fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone. The food is good and cheap. I avoided most touristy stuff except for the museum, and I just wandered wandered wandered....I actually wore my camera out. Time for a new one I guess.




Love it so....I have many photos...but I only posted a chosen few....LOVE LOVE LOVE................................

No comments: